What next?

8 Oct

I’m writing this post mainly as a way for me to get it all out there and hopefully help make a decision, but if you happen to have an opinion or some advice, I’d love to hear it.

Lubbock or Corpus Christi?  That is the question.

Let’s start with Corpus Christi since I’m already here:

  • My sister and aunt live here
  • I have some great friends here
  • I have a job
  • It would make continuing my business (Twisted Sisters Crochet) with my sister easier
  • My mom and step-dad would probably visit more frequently since they have other friends and family here.


  • I would be near him which makes me feel uneasy.
  • The cost of living is higher so I don’t think I could live on my own.
  • Which means I’d probably have to look for another job anyway and the new job probably won’t let me crochet all day.
  • I don’t have anyone to take me in while I get on my feet.
  • I don’t really like it here- haven’t really wanted to live here for a while now.

And now for Lubbock…

  • I have a sister and lots of family there.  It’s where I grew up.
  • My closest friends live there.
  • Cost of living is lower, would be more manageable on my own.
  • I can stay with my grandparents while I get on my feet.
  • I can help my grandparents.
  • I love it there.  I’ve wanted to move home for a long time.
  • I wouldn’t be anywhere near him.


  • I have to find a job
  • Brit and I will have to do all of our Twisted Sisters stuff long distance.
  • I probably won’t have a job where I can crochet all day which is going to impact the business.
  • I’m less likely to have my Mom and Step-dad visit.
  • My grandparents live an hour outside of Lubbock so I will be driving two hours a day which will easily be $100 in gas a week/$400 a month which is basically rent.  Meaning I won’t be able to do it for long.

I guess the question really is whether I should be cautious and stay where I am (eventhough I’m not sure I will have anywhere to live by the beginning of November) or take the risk and go where I really want to go but don’t have a job yet and will have the additional costs of moving and storing my things until I can get out on my own.

For now, I am going to ACT on both.  I’m going to look for jobs in both cities and start packing.  I’m going to keep praying about it and hopefully the right path will reveal itself to me!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: